Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Target Beauty Bag 2012

Hey there people of the internet. I know most people who review the beauty subscriptions do it on a Vlog, but I don't look that great on camera thanks to the fact that I wear glasses. And I may kind of jump off of subject really easily. So, with that said, I am going to be blogging about the beauty samplers I receive. I am currently subscribed to BirchBox, Sample Society, and The Look Bag. If I receive other samplers or samples from other company's I will review them either on their own or when I have several to do at one time. I will probably blog about what I get first and then either edit the post with my review of the product(s) or write a totally new post to review them. Now onto the fun stuff! My first Review!

Target Beauty Bag
Every year Target puts together a beauty bag that is a giveaway from them. This is the second year I was able to get in on it. I have to say I honestly think I liked last year's bag of samples a lot better than this years. So, without further ado here is what was in the bag.


The first thing I am going to talk about is the coupon book that comes with the bag. I wasn't impressed with it at all. The total savings in it is worth $18.00, I guess that's ok, its not great by any means. There are coupons for each of the products in the bag, but they are not great at all. The total saving on the actual in bag products is $5.00.

Item 1: L'Oreal Paris Magic Lumi- Primer
          I honestly cannot put a monetary value on this because there was less than 1 use in the little tiny peel off package. I did try to use it, but I didn't really notice anything helpful going on to prime my face for putting on my makeup. I don't know if it is because there was so little, or that its really not that great. The full sized product is 10.99 on target.com

Item 2: Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion - Sample value .34
          I do not like Nivea. This is the second year that the beauty bag has had a Nivea lotion product in it. I have used them both and both were blah. For me the lotion does not absorb into the skin very well at all. It just sits on top of it and makes your hands feel greasy for quite a while. It is suppose to extend the hydration of your skin for 48 hours and relieve dry tight skin. It definitely does not extend moisture unless you count my hands sweating because of the heat that builds up behind the layer of lotion as hydration. I don't. Like I said I am not a fan of this product, but there are tons of people who swear by Nivea... 

Item 3: Pantene Hair Solutions Fine Flat to Volume Conditioner - Sample value .36
          Sadly I am not a huge Pantene fan, I have tried so many different types of Pantene shampoo and conditioner and I have yet to find one that blows me away. I am for the most part a Aussie user. First the smell of Pantene is not the greatest, and they all smell the same way. Second, because I was only sent the conditioner in the beauty bag I am not sure if using both products together would make a difference or not. Next, after using the conditioner, and it drying it feels like it leaves a bit of a film on your hair, I really don't like that! Like the Nivea lotion I am not thrilled with this product. Also like the Nivea there are tons of people who swear by Pantene.

Item 4: Neutrogena Visibly Bright Daily Facial Cleanser - Sample value .52
          For a change of pace, I like this product. It's not love, but its a definite like. After using it really does make your skin look visibly brighter. It also gets rid of oils a lot better than other cleansers. I have been able to get a couple uses out of it already, and still have some in the tube, you need very very little to clean your face! I am not sure I would run out and buy it as soon as I am out, but at some point I may pick some up. 

Item 5: Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - Sample value 1.39
          OMG I am in love with these! They are awesome for the gym! I have been using them after my workouts, before I put my makeup on to go to work. They are amazing, they make your face feel so clean even after sweating!!! And the best part, you don't have to splash water everywhere to wash or rinse! These are the one product I will be going to get more of after I run out of the sample pack.

Item 6: The Bag - Value $4.99
          The bag this year is really nice! I like it better than last year's because it is rectangle not rounded and can fit more stuff. The bag value is an estimate. I was going on other bag prices of the same size and style.

The total value of the bag is $7.60. For a free beauty sample bag that is not bad at all. I really hope they change up the lotion and hair care brands for next year. There is a rumor that there will be one coming out in October. I will be thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment