Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A few fun reviews from some little things I bought in the last week.

Hi everyone! Today I am going to review a few products that I picked up to try out because they looked interesting or I heard about them through the grapevine.

First up is Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten. I heard about these through SuperFreaky1RU on youtube. Here is the link to her chanel http://www.youtube.com/user/Superfreaky1RU They are comparable to Tarte's LipSurgence line, but a fraction of the cost. Tarte's cost 24.00 for one tube and Revlon's is about 9.00, I can't remember exactly how much I paid. I like them! It lasts around 3 to 4 hours with nothing over them and keeping the shine, around 2 with a lip gloss over the top. Even when the shine is gone because it is a balm stain the color remains much longer than the 4 hour top, but it is pretty easy to totally wash off. The color I bought I love!!!! It looks really good with my skin tone! Oh and it has a minty smell to it which I really like, no flavor though.
Second is Rimmel's Stay Glossy in Infinitely Pretty. I like this gloss, but I don't love it. Usually I love Rimmel London products, so this is odd. What I like about it is that it is shimmery without being sparkly, sparkle is fine and dandy on my fingernails, not so much on my lips. I also like that it isn't colored. What I am not a big fan of is that the doe foot applicator is odd, it's kind of supposed to be lip shaped, but it missed the mark. It also really doesn't last that long. The packaging says it should last up to 6 hours, it may last 2 hours tops if I don't drink anything. 

Here are the swatches of both.
The bottom is just the balm stain, above that is the gloss, and above that is the balm stain with the gloss over the top of it.

Next are a couple of masks I tried out because I knew I would be all alone. Little did I know I would lose power while one was on my face more about that in a moment.
Ok, I am going to start with the one on the right. The Passion Peel Off Peel Off Passion in Pomegranate and Passion Flower. My feelings were pretty Meh on this one. I mean, anytime you can do a peel off mask it is fun, but my face felt no different afterwards. Then something crappy happened, an hour after I peeled it off my face got incredibly oily, it was horrible! I will never ever use this line of products again!!!! It was 1.37 that I will never get back.

Onto my last review of this evening the Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask with Dead Sea Minerals. I decided to put this mask on Saturday night. Saturday night is also when Tropical Storm Beryl decided it was going to show up and terrorize us here in the bottom corner of GA, it came on land about 30 minutes south of us, but as many people know its not where the direct hit is that is the worst effected in most cases, though that is always what news people concentrate on... <-----My little rant about what I dealt with Saturday night. Anyhoo, I took my shower with no problem and my power going strong, so I thought I was in the clear to try the mask out since it is a clay wait and wash type mask. About 25 minutes after I slathered this mask on wouldn't you know I lost all power, for around 1.5 hours... (BTW Shout out to OREMC for getting our power back to us way before most GA Power customers got theirs) So it had plenty of time to dry and harden, it did get really really tight on my face. I ended up using what little water that was left in the pipes to wash it off after about 50 minutes of waiting for the power to come back on. I must say I love this mask!!!! My face felt soooo good and soft and still is soft! I highly reccomend it! 1.37 well spent! Oh and it Blue so that just makes it even cooler!!! Here is a picture of me right after I got it on before the power went out , and I have a visitor behind me! Sorry I wasn't able to get the pic of it dry, it was kind of dark... My eyes look so blue with this mask on! Usually they are green or grey or yellowy or dark blue, they change with my mood.


 Finally if your haven't joined http://www.influenster.com/ you should! It is a site where you collect badges for the different things you do daily. Like, some of my badges are Mom, Blogger, Outdoors, Green, Foodie, etc. Well, with these badges you get the chance to get Vox Boxes, these are boxes of products sent to you for free. All you have to give back is a review of the products, I love free!!! The reason I bring this up is because I was chosen to receive the Mom VoxBox, I am excited!!!! It will be my first one!!! So, look out for the review of that. See you soon readers! Sooner than you know!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my channel! You look like you should join the Blue Man Group with that mask on! We lost power this past weekend due to a storm too. Somehow it fried the motherboard on our CPU. Now my son keeps stealing my laptop!

    ReplyDelete