Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Makeup. Mineral Fun!

 The Summer time is a makeup nightmare for my face, being outdoors so much I tan all kinds of different colors. I was talking to my Momma and she has just started using the Bare Minerals products she said it has been amazing for her skin and really evens out and blends beautifully, I really want to try them but their initial cost for the full set is so expensive, especially when I don't know how it will work for me!!! So off to Kmart I went to try to find the same types of products to see how they worked.

To start with is my go to primer! I Heart this stuff so much!!! I have said before that I really like Rimmel London products this is no exception. It is a 5 in 1 primer, it Smoothes, Resurfaces, Brightens, Mattifies, and Protects, and yes it actually does all of the above not just a gimmick! This primer is not tinted as many are, I really like that as well.

This is a new product for me, Cover Girl CGsmoothers Tinted Moisturizer. It comes in 3 tones fair to light, tan to medium, medium to dark. I was a little hesitant and debating between the Physicians Formula and This one. The price is was finally made me cave to try it, 7.00 vs. 14.00 for a try me product, I am willing to pay 7.00 for something not to work perfectly. Well surprisingly this does work perfectly for my skin tone!!! I am thrilled, a lot of the time when things are for fair to light there is quite a bit of pink undertone not such a problem here! It blends effortlessly.












 Next is the first of two mineral products that looked like a good start for me. This is Cover Girl trublend minerals in translucent light all over powder. I had to look at this 3 or 4 times because it just seemed to dark to be considered translucent or light. Her again I decided just to take the plunge and give it a whirl. And again awesomeness!!! The coverage is amazing, I would have never thought a powder could cover like a full foundation!!! I think this has really sold me on using mineral wear!!! 





Second in the Mineral wear category is Cover Girl trublend minerals blush in pure romance. Oh my this is so pretty, very pink and just shimmery enough without going overboard!!! And I am beginning to sound like a Cover Girl Ad, what can I say for try me products the price is right!! You could honestly wear this blush all the time for all different occasions!!! It is a blush that can be built up as heavy or light as you want it! 

 










Last, but certainly not least is one of my favorite products in the whole wide world and it costs under 10.00!!! AirSpun Loose Face Powder, I have nothing but love for this powder!!! I decided to try a new color, up until this point I have always used the translucent, but I decided to go bold with Naturally Neutral!!! Works as wonderfully as it always has, I use the original formula which has a light baby powderish scent but you can get it scent free as well. The one issue I have had with this wonderful powder for years has been the packaging. The packaging was a paper box, when you lifted the lid the powder was loose loose with no grate over the top, so as you can imagine there was always a mess opening it, closing it, and using it, a puff cloud if you will of loose powder, if you are familiar with this product you know what I am talking about! This is a problem no more!!!!! The new packaging is a hard plastic box and when you open it there is a grate over the top of the powder, no more mess, Hurray!!! 

(These are all products I bought to use, my reviews are honest and my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment