Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September's BirchBox... AKA Meh Blah Box.

This month's  BirchBox is pretty Meh. You would think with the seasons changing it would be a great box, but I don't think that they put a whole lot of thought into it. I don't know if it is because they have way to much going on to put the effort in or they just don't care at this point and are all about the money they are raking in through their tons of subscribers. Right now to be very honest I am holding on for the points, which are a great perk. So here it is... 

Here are the initial unboxing photos, if you can see it there is a little magazine included this month... It's called the Fall Look Book. Personally I think they should have put more time into the products they included and less time trying to put out a magazine. I do not subscribe to BirchBox for a magazine, I subscribe to them to try out new products. And here they are, the meh products....

First up, Boscia Oil-Free Nightly Hydration cream. I tried this out for the first time this evening and it is nice, not to heavy at all. There is no scent so that is a good thing. We shall see how it does over time. The sample size is large so it will last a while to give me a true feel for it. The sample value is $12.85, this is the bulk of the value of the box.

Next is Mon Jasmine Noir by Bvlgari. OMG ick ick ick. The top notes are jasmine, but then the old lady comes out, STRONG, and it stays there... I might try this again, but it's definitely not something I would grab as a first, second, or third choice. The only thing it has going for it is that it is a spray top. The sample value is $2.49.

On a normal day I would be thrilled about a Color Club polish, I love their formula. The color here looks like neon green. In person it is about the same color as Baby Food, think pureed peas or green beans. Pretty unappealing. The bad part about it is that it has a really cute name and is part of an exclusive collection by BirchBox. It's called Tweet Me. I think I am going to use it as an accent nail color for my daughter when I do her nails tomorrow. The sample value is $3.73.

Finally in the box of Meh, is my single happy dance item. This is a twistband hair tie, I received one in my very first BirchBox and loved it, but I did not love the price for 6 ties it is $14.00. So to now have 2 is awesome!!!! I really like the design on this one too, the lacy print is very very nice! Crossing my fingers that every season brings a new twistband to me, or maybe I will use some of my points to buy a pack. The sample value is $1.83.





Last of the "beauty" related items is the WEI to Go Sleep Over Kit. This sample has ticked me off. Why you ask? Because it is unusable for me. I am light skinned with pink undertones, and they sent me a medium color with yellow undertones... When you use BirchBox you fill out a beauty profile, it asks what your skin tone is, I chose light... This is the second time I have received a totally unusable color. This sample pack is worth $6.00. I have added it to my giveaway collection, which has been growing recently. 

This is the Life Style extra that BirchBox included this month. These are Mighty Leaf Tea Company tea bags. I haven't tried any of them yet, waiting for it to cool down a bit before I fully throw myself into the joys of Fall I guess. I do like that there are 3 different caffeine levels included! The sample value of these are $1.99. 

So, there we are... Pretty Blah... The box value isn't even that impressive it is $28.89. I really hope that BirchBox really steps it up. I mean just think there is so much that you can do with October, HALLOWEEN anyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment