Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August Sample Society Goodness!

I really think Sample Society gets better and better every month! I am really impressed with this box and I will definitely use everything in it!!! And I get to figure out what I am going to store in this month's box, maybe I will just expand on the boxes I have instead of throwing everything into one category.

Here is what I got!!

As usual the box was packed fantastically so that no products got messed up. On top of the products is the always included booklet with great tips on how to best use the products in the box.

And here is a pic of all the products before we get into the individual pics! Very nice!!!

 The first item listed in the booklet is by Phyto it is their Phytonectar Treatment Oil. This is a pre shampoo nourishing oil treatment for your hair. I am very interested it giving this a go, I have never used an oil treatment in my hair. I am not sure how long this sample will last with the length of my hair, but we'll see. The sample value of this is $5.82.

Next is a full size Deborah Lippmann nail lacquer in the color Private Dancer. As soon as I read the name my brain started singing Private Dancer by Tina Turner, lol. The color is so pretty and the formula is amazing, not streaky, drys super fast, and only takes 2 coats to get the full intensity of the color. I can see why is costs $18.00 a bottle and to think I got a full size as a sample in a box that costs $15.00 a month!

 The third item listed in the booklet is a new concept to me. This is Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara in Black Ice. Why this is a new cocept is because I have never seen a mascara come in a squishy tube before this month, and now it is everywhere. It is suppose to help control how much mascara you use, depending on the look you want. I am really going to have to test this before I can pass much judgement. This sample is worth $7.85.

Next up is Elemental Herbology Facial Detox Purifying Mask! YAY!!!! I love masks, and as hot and humid has it has been around here lately I can defiantly say that this is so welcome! This is an awesome sample size as well and I know I will be able to get multiple uses from it! I think I will be trying this out tonight once the diva child goes to bed! This sample is worth $9.20.

The last of the normal box items I recieved was Arcona's Cranberry Toner. I haven't used a toner in a long long time, mostly because of the burning that I use to get because of it, but I am curious about this one, and maybe my skin has toughened up a little since the time I was a teen. It is so pretty in the bottle to, all swirly and pink. The sample is worth $8.60.

Finally, this month Sample Society sent out an extra of Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer. I am very happy that they as a company really sticks by their promise to send out deluxe samples as the normal samples and chose to send this as an extra. It is a pretty tiny foil sample even foil samples go, maybe one or 2 uses max. The sample value on this is $.45.

So, as I said at the top of the post, awesome box this month!!!! The total value of the box is $49.92, well over the $15.00 I spent on it. Next up will be my Birch Box and a new sample subscription I decided to try now that the Look Bag called it quits, but more about that later.

*I purchased this sample box with my own money, all reviews are honest and my own.*


1 comment:

  1. Wow the Deborah Lippmann really makes the box worth it! I unsubbed a while back, but I do think that it seems to be getting better.

    ReplyDelete